Friday, January 14, 2011

Why Do I Train?

I have a 41-yo female client that was in a very deconditioned state when we met approximately 2 months ago. After 8 weeks of training (we meet 1x per week) it was time for fitness re-assessments. Needless to say, she was full of anxiety.  I assured her that there was nothing to worry about as I could see her continued improvement over this time period. When she came to me her cardiovascular endurance would not allow her to perform no more than 3 minutes of continued activity without falling out...literally! After her cardio assessment, she fell to tears as she was shocked that she not only ran an entire mile non-stop, obviously faster than she had ever done in her life! After the run, tears, hugs and many thank-yous, she wanted to continue to run because she was not winded in the least bit. This made me proud. As a trainer, I cannot take full credit for her accomplishments as I'm just a catalyst to her being able to self-regulate and WANT to put in the work to Be Better. That day, she committed to running a half-marathon this summer with her peers. I could not be more proud of her for understanding that consistency and hard work helped her reach her goals. She is a trainer's dream client!! This is why I train! Changing lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The comments expressed on this blog are purely the opinion of the individual who wrote it.